Greeks Vs. The Persian Empire

As we had discussed in class today, we found out how truly small Greece was. And yet they were a stubborn battle for the Persians who attacked them in an effort to gain more control over the Mediterranean Sea. The more and more we learn in regards to the Greeks, the more I come to realize how stubborn they were and how proud they were of their culture. This is further proven by the young age in which the Greeks begin training in order to serve in war against other City-States. I'm still relatively confused in regards to who fought the Persians, but from my understanding this was one of the rare instances in which the Greeks united to defend their land. Upon even further pondering, I realize that by permitting the Persians to progress to lets say, Athens, they would be that much closer to Sparta and pose an even larger threat to Greece's existence. Besides the fighting, I was able to get a better grasp on the immense size of the Persians and how they dwarfed the Greeks in their entirety. You would think they would win... 

With that said, I conclude my March 3rd Blog Post. Till next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber Day; Post 15

Cyber Day; Post Nine

Cyber Day; Post 11