Guns,Germs, and Steel (Part 2)

After an intro to our next subject in addition to a review of our Exam grades, we finally got in-depth of the Guns, Germs, and Steel video/documentary. This means I was able to get some of my questions answered, some of which were answered to a further degree than others.

Firstly, I wondered why in the video Jared Diamond stated that civilization likely began around the Middle East, though, today it seems as if the Middle East is still under-developed in some areas. Now, of course, that comes with exclusions, such as some of the Oil-Rich nations in that area. But when I say "Under-Developed" I feel as if that's resulting from the fighting and the living conditions that many people involved in war must face over there. My question was kinda answered, but kinda not. To better elaborate, I was told that was kind of the underlying meaning of the entire documentary. I was disappointed there was no direct answer but yet again this is a very complicated subject. To further support its complexity, we stop the video about every 20 seconds to have something explained. This is either a cultural thing we are not aware of, or it is just something we have not learned just yet.

With that said, I conclude my January 7th Blog Post, Till next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber Day; Post 15

Cyber Day; Post Nine

Cyber Day; Post 11