Guns, Germs, and Steel (Part 3)

Yet another day we work on Guns, Germs, and Steel. Which isn't bad at all, I find the roots (literally, you'll see) of where we come from very interesting as a matter of fact. That being said, there were a lot of questions being thrown around today. Some of these questions being great, others, not so much. By that I mean, we as a class were quite silly, though productive today. 

As joked earlier, I found it really interesting that our roots as a civilization may have been a result of the roots of plants! Now, of course I don't mean just the roots of plants, rather the entire plant, but still pretty funny? Regardless, Jared Diamond began to make a startling point which I had never really attributed to why I am where I am, that being, we are formed as nations mostly because of the luck we have had with our environment. It really makes sense since most of us know, certain plants simply cannot yield the same results wanted from a foreign land which it does not have optimal conditions to grow in. The more these plants progressed (Farming), so did our civilizations. An interesting, yet seemingly true theory (maybe factual now?). Regardless, I am eager to get on with part one of Guns, Germs, and Steel. 

With that said, I conclude the January 9th Blog Post, till next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber Day; Post 15

Cyber Day; Post Nine

Cyber Day; Post 11