I stayed home today, likely with whooping cough, I did actually do some homework though I was resting for the majority of the day. Now I have an abundant amount of energy which probably isn't going to help me get situated for school if I go. Today I looked through the Human Geography Quizlet I made and I'm pretty familiar with the content now and I'm ready to ace the assessment. Not too sure if this is also supposed to be 150 words but I don't really have much to discuss other than my struggles with the religion subject; which were very minuscule. The only part I struggled with within the Quizlet was some of the few denominations we are (probably) to need to know for the quiz. Lastly, I am going to hope (though I am quite confident) that this quiz was not too hard and that I can continue to strive in Human Geo. With that said, I am coughing and concluding my November 25 Blog Post, Till next time!
After working in depth with Latitude, we worked with Longitude. Both serve vital roles in determining coordinates on a map. First off lets start with a breakdown of Longitude. Longitude- "A geographic coordinate that specifies the east-west position of a point on earths surface. They run in a North- South direction." though they inform about degrees East and West. (As Seen Below). Notice how on the figure above, they label a specific point named "Greenwich". That being Greenwich Observatory based out of England which is considered the point in which Longitude is neither East or West. This point is often referred to as the Prime Meridian (Prime meaning 1 ), meaning that this Meridian (another term for lines of longitude) is at 0 °. We can also notice that it runs from the South Pole all the way to the North Pole. After working with Longitude, we began to work with UTC. "UTC, or Coordinated Universal Time is the primary time standard in which...
Today we focused on the key question of what truly makes up Human Geography. It is incredible the depths you can go to while exploring each branch. First of all, Human Geography deals with the study of all aspects of life from the Environment all the way to the Economy of certain regions and countries. With that said, a point was made today that we can learn quite a lot by looking at thematic maps which can chart anything about a general area such as it's average citizen energy use or maybe their calorie intake per day. By comparing certain areas you can sometimes see substantial differences which can assist in researching geographic issues such as an influx of population or even a lack of exercise. While thematic maps can be useful for gathering data, they may not give you the landscape or the climate of a general area as a Physical Map would. Physical Maps are great for researching and discovering parts of either your region or world that you didn't know about. Last but...
Comments
Post a Comment