Even more Demographic Transition

After two classes (sort of) focusing solely on Demographic Transition and its 5 stages, I believe I'm starting to fully understand why these stages occur. For the most part, we can attribute these different stages to the medical field though other factors such as family culture and even religion. I asked several questions throughout the class regarding the reasoning behind why these stages haven't occurred much faster throughout history. It was then explained to me by Mr. Schick that it mostly medical advances which altered the speed in how these stages work. After his response, I was pretty surprised that it hadn't just come naturally after we had discussed that subject plenty of times throughout the previous classes. 
To help us better understand the principles behind the Demographic Transition stages, we were required to copy down the chart that was projected on the whiteboard which showed the rates of certain population indicators throughout the stages. These rates were: Birth Rate, Death Rate, total population, and the shadows of when they cross one another. 

Arguably the most important part of the class was when we discussed the "quiz" which is coming up next week. We also discussed a bit about the exams, of course, I am going to look at my previous quizzes, though I am going to have to look even further back (before I joined the class mid 1st quarter) because I'm sure there will be content from that time in class. I may ask Mr. Schick about it as well and maybe I will get some advice. 

With that said, I conclude my December 5th Blog post, Till next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber Day; Post 15

Cyber Day; Post Nine

Cyber Day; Post 11